Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Comes Early

This morning my house is quiet, though I've heard the first stirrings in James' room, and I need to go check on him.  His breathing sounds terrible, as well as a cough he woke up with yesterday.  He ran a fever last night, so I need to see if it is still there this morning.  

Today is our family Christmas.

It is several days early, but as I wrote about yesterday, we have a big family wedding this weekend.  I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon to attend a shower before the big day, and KJ and the kids are coming down Friday for the rehearsal.  We'll get back home at bedtime Saturday night, and of course the next day is church, and then Christmas with KJ's family, then off to my family, then another gathering with the other side of KJ's family...  So if we waited we'd have to have our family Christmas next Thursday.  We're not waiting.  :)

So this morning I will dole out Tylenol, and we'll drink chocolate milk from Rudolph mugs, and the kids will open presents, and we'll be so thankful for a morning together.  The afternoon may hold a doctor's visit.  We'll see.

Merry Christmas early from our home to yours!

P.S.  I didn't order nearly enough cards this year.  If you're a close friend who doesn't receive one, this digital greeting is for you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment