Thursday, October 22, 2015

Apple Harvest and the Gift of His Presence

Grace Church meets in different homes each Wednesday evening to eat and enjoy and encourage one another.  Last night my eye was drawn to the abundance of round apples on Julian and Cari's apple tree.  I snapped a couple of pictures with my phone, and this morning as I was reading a few psalms I read this verse in Psalm 17, a prayer of David, "Keep me as the apple of the eye; Hide me in the shadow of Your wings."  

David prayed that God would keep him close to his His heart, to have His eye always upon him, and the amazing thing is that when you put your faith and hope in Jesus to save you and forgive your sin, you get the gift of His presence with you anywhere you go, in every circumstance.  He says, "I am with you always."


No comments:

Post a Comment